Raising and educating children is a joint responsibility of parents and teachers. Parents are teachers at home, and teachers are parents at the school. And the responsibility is jointly shared by them.
Effective interaction between the school and parents adds value to your child's education. Teachers and parents have a common need for joining together in partnership: the need to foster positive growth in children and in themselves. It's duty of Teacher and Parents to create a sense of mutuality so that the efforts are meaningful to all those involved. A positive parent involvement has a significant impact on student's achievement, student's school attendance and the central role of the school in student's lives.
The attributes- warmth, a positive self image, a sense of efficacy, personal competence and effective interpersonal skills are the hallmarks of a good and meaningful partnership. Teachers provide an environment that is conducive to the growth of partnership approach in parents, consequently helping students grow in productive conditions.
DPS Bhagalpur has commitment for inciting parents' sense for an inviting school climate, modeling respect and communication skills, showing a genuine interest in children, responding constructively to children and teacher's concerns and promoting a teamwork philosophy. Early childhood Education commitment to families is strengthened through our partnership process. True collaborative efforts are used in prompting teachers and parents to plan from a family-centered perspective.
- Read the contents carefully and abide by the rules laid down by the school authorities.
- Whenever you write to the school about your ward, always quote his/her full name, class, section and admission number.
- Giving and sending gifts to the teachers is strictly prohibited.
- No child will be allowed to leave the school premises before the school is over unless the Principal or any competent authority in her absence has granted the permission. Parents are requested not to make any social engagements or medical appointments during school working hours.
- To get the best from your school for your child, you are advised to maintain close contact with the school. We earnestly recommend parents and guardians to look into their school almanac every day and see that the lessons and homework assigned for the day are signed and done.
- Parents are required to inform the school if there is any change in the address/telephone numbers.
- The students should be encouraged to cultivate a habit of cleanliness and should be taught to maintain personal hygiene such as having clean ears, clipped nails, and trimmed plaited hair for girls.
- Should there be any infectious diseases in your house, please report the same to the school authorities. It is preferable not to send your ward to the school till the infection period is over.
- As the medium of instruction in this school is English, students should be helped to follow their work easily and intelligently by certain amount of regular reading and conversation in English at home.
- Our school is a ‘poly bag free’ zone. Parents are requested not to send or bring any items like lunch packs, stationery, craft articles etc. to school in poly bags.
- It is appreciable to lodge a complaint related to bus at the school desk rather than at the bus stoppages. A written complaint to the bus coordinator will help us to sort out our problems effectively.
- Any abusive language used by the student/parents/guardian against the transport staff shall be seriously dealt with.
- Consult the school calendar, date sheets and other particulars and sign the almanac regularly.
- Discourage private Tuition.
- Parents/Guardians are advised not to be involved in physical or mental abuse of any fellow student of the school for any reason whatsoever. However, complaint(s) if any, should be lodged with the competent authority to resolve the matter
- Parents are requested to personally see off and receive their wards at the bus stop (Specially Classes Pre-Nursery to Class III).
- Please do not enter the school bus to see off or receive your wards.
- Please do not overtake or stop the school bus to facilitate the boarding of your wards, as it endangers the safety of other children.
- Please do not get into an argument with the teachers, conductor or driver present in the bus. In case of any problem, please write a complaint to the school office.
- Please avoid criticizing the school or teacher in presence of your child. This can result in the student losing respect for their teacher.
- You are requested to ensure that the birthday celebration of your ward is confined to his/her classmates only and that too on a modest scale. Students are not allowed to wear civil dresses even on his/her birthday.
- Parents are requested not to visit the classrooms. They can wait at reception to meet the student or teacher.
- Fee is to be deposited in the bank a/c authorised by the school from 1st to 11th day of every month.
- Late fine of Rs. 50 per day (after the due date/day) will be charged for delayed payment.
- Fee must be deposited in advance for a minimum of 3 months if desired (Day scholars) and two quarters (Boarders)
- The money has to be deposited in the school. Parent of the boarders are requested to maintain sufficient balance in Imprest account @ Rs. 2000/- per quarter.
- The fee structure is subject to change at any time.
- Term-wise payment is necessary to take or leave the bus service unless when a student is leaving the school without T.C. It is not possible for the school to provide bus facility to everyone. It will be done on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis according to the admission numbers and number of students available for a requested stop.
- For the month of Jan, Feb and March all dues including fees are to be paid by 20th January. Students who default in fee payment will not be allowed to sit for examination.
- You are again reminded that Annual Miscellaneous Charges are also to be paid along with Tuition Fee for April, otherwise late fee will be charged.
- Tuition fee for May and June and the bus charges for May and June are also be paid by 11th May, before the school closes for Summer Vacation.
- Bus facility, if available, will be provided for the whole session only. It will not be possible to provide the said facility for a short duration.
Non-Payment of school tuition fee for three-consecutive months/one quarter will automatically strike off the child’s name from the school rolls. Fresh admission will have to be sought on payment of re-admission fee of Rs.3000.00.
- Day Scholars : If a child has to be withdrawn from school or for Transfer Certificate
- In the mid of the session: Parents are requested to give three months’ notice in writing and they need to pay the fees for the entire session/months left.
- At the end of the session: Those who wish to withdraw at the end of the academic session must inform the school latest by 15th of March. Exceptions may be made in case of sudden transfer of a Government employee or a Defence personnel.
- Boarding Student: Those who wish to withdraw their ward(s) in mid-session need to pay the amount for the entire session.
- Those who leave the school in the month of May, must in any case pay the fee for the month of June.
- Caution money can be returned only if the child has studied four consecutive years in the school, or else will be forfeited.
- Students can be asked to leave the school on the following grounds:
- Indisciplinary progress in work.
- Unsatisfactory progress in work.
- Repeated detention.
Special classes are held after school for students from III-XII. School transport will ply on main routes or the routes as informed to the students in advance.
On non-compliance of meeting deadline of homework. Students from class III to X will be detained during the break time/games/Extra Curricular activity periods, or after the school hours to complete their Home assignment.
- The students must be responsible for their own belongings. The school is not responsible for this.
- Please ensure that your child does not bring any valuable articles e.g. expensive watches, cameras and jewellery to the school. In case of loss of valuables the school will try its best to trace the item but cannot be held responsible for the loss.
- Please mark all belongings of your ward with the name, admission number, class and section.
- Giving gifts or money to the staff members is strictly prohibited.
- School will not be held responsible for any injury suffered by a student during activities like games and sport, martial art, swimming etc.
- The school strongly believes that there is no second chance for a student who cheats. Students found using unfair means during the formative assessments and summative assessments, will be given zero in that subject. No retest will be held for such students who will also forfeit their right to any award whatsoever.
- Every student must wear an identity card.
- If mutilated or lost, a new set of identity card will have to be purchased by the parents by giving an application on the prescribed form available at the administrative office along with the replacement charge of Rs. 100 and the cost of the cardholder which is Rs. 25. They must also ensure that the mutilated cards are immediately surrendered along with the application form.
- Your co-operation is requested to ensure that children are regular, punctual and disciplined.
- All students are instructed to join the school on the notified date at the beginning of the term and after each vacation or a fine of Rs.500/- will be levied on each child. Those absent on account of any illness must present a medical certificate before they are admitted in the class.
- Any student arriving late will not be allowed to enter the school. He/she will be sent back home and marked absent.
- It is compulsory for all students to complete 75% attendance before every exam to make them eligible to sit for the examination. In case attendance is short, the student will not be eligible for promotion/any academic award.
- No student, who has been absent on the previous day, will be admitted to the class without leave application stating the reason for absence.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 10 days will render the student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only after payment of fresh admission fee.
- Absenteeism is a major hindrance for the smooth progress of students in academics. A fine of Rs. 50 per day shall be imposed if a child is absent himself/herself without reason.
- A student returning to school after suffering from an infection or contagious disease, must produce a doctor’s fitness certificate permitting him/her to do so.
- Students suffering from the disease mentioned below, must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to the school:
Chicken Pox – Till the scabs fall completely
Cholera – Till the child has recovered completely
Measles – Two weeks after the rashes disappears
Mumps – Until the swelling has gone
Whooping Cough – Six Weeks
Jaundice – Six Weeks
Students can avail the school transport subject to availability of seats and feasibility of plying of bus on the desired route. The routes of the school buses are drawn up well in advance and the parents should consult the school transport in-charge for necessary details. It will be responsibility of the guardian to escort the child to and from the respective bus stoppage.
- All students using the school bus are expected to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the arrival time of the bus. Also note that the buses will not wait for the late comers.
- The stoppages are prepared keeping in view the safety of all bus commuters, hence do not ask the drivers to make any changes in the stoppages.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to buses caused by negligence or vandalism.
- The Drivers attention must not be distracted while driving.
- Students are not allowed to eat while commuting in the school bus. Bus conductors have all the right to stop students from doing so.
- Transport related complaints must be lodged in writing with the transport manager.
- To avoid any kind of confusion students have to board the buses as soon as the school gets over. It would be the responsibility of the parents to pick up their children from the campus if they do not board the buses on time.
- Parents changing residence outside the predetermined route shall inform the school authority. Any realignment of route shall be made only when it is not inconvenient to plying of the bus. Otherwise parents shall have to avail the nearest bus stoppage.